Parent & Family Support
Guidance for parents:-
Please click here for further sources of support.
Being a parent is a demanding role and life doesn't always go to plan. At Holy Trinity, we want to be able to support our families as best we can. There is no judgement in asking for pastoral support, either for you or for your child.
In our Wellbeing Team, we currently have:
Mrs Anna Arnold - Pastoral Lead
Miss Hope Allen - Supportive Provision Lead
Ms Debbie Mason - Parent and Family Support Advisor (employed by the Taunton Learning Partnership)
If you are struggling with something, please come and ask to speak with Anna Arnold in the first instance who will then be able to direct you to the right level of support for you and your child.
What is the role of the Parent Family Support Advisor?
- To enable children to gain maximum benefits from education
- To work in partnership with families and the school to help children reach their potential
- To work closely with other professionals where necessary or to direct you to other services which may be useful
- To be there to work with you or your child if you are experiencing difficulties
The PFSA can help by advising and working with you on issues such as:
- Building a partnership with school
- Parenting Concerns
- Family Issues
- Emotions and Relationships
- Healthy Eating
- Attendance Concerns
- Feeling Isolated
- Finding information for parents and carers who want to go back to work or education.
They can also be available just to listen and support if you feel you need someone to talk to in confidence.
In addition, they can arrange to meet you in school /home or meet you somewhere convenient for you to have a chat and a coffee and is also available during the school holidays.
If you feel you would benefit from the PFSA's help, please speak to Anna Arnold or the school office and we will make a referral on your behalf.